When you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die. Mostly you just die.
Fans have found themselves devastated every season when more and more of their favorite Game Of Thrones characters have been killed off left and right. But one heroic Boston man is trying to spare the fans’ feelings this upcoming season.
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) May 9, 2018
Taylor Larkin, who works for the Boston-based DataRobot, wrote an algorithm (the text is available here) that tries to predict who will kick the bucket on this upcoming (final) season.
My complex prediction algorithm: pic.twitter.com/bzOQIxcI9I
— Iguano Don (@realiguanodon) May 10, 2018
And the results? Well. Everyone dies.
— Mike Calia (@Michael_Calia) May 10, 2018
Here is what the algorithm predicts:
- Daenerys Targaryen – 83.77% chance of death
- Jaime Lannister – 72.91% chance of death
- Tyrion Lannister – 70.76% chance of death
- Bran Stark – 66.02% chance of death
- Cersei Lannister – 60.39% chance of death
- Jon Snow – 58.99% chance of death
- Euron Greyjoy – 54.95% chance of death
- Sansa Stark – 50.28% chance of death
- Arya Stark – 49.04% chance of death
- Gendry – 39.87% chance of death
It will be aggravating if *someone* doesn't kill Cersei, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if she outlived everyone.
— SaintsGrrl (@SaintsGrrl) May 9, 2018
Spending a whole year guessing about this is a waste of time.
— Cora (@CoraMiller4) May 9, 2018
Of course, one of the most distinct things about the popular television series is that absolutely NOBODY can predict when their next favorite character is going to die. In the middle of one of the seasons, a few major characters were killed off in the “Red Wedding” plot line. At any moment, another similar event could take place. So how reliable is this algorithm, really?
Well, it will be one hell of a finale for sure.
H/T: Entertainment Weekly