Mom Shares Frightening Warning About The Dangers Of Kissing Newborns

Lucy Kendall and Jaz Miller are the proud parents of newborn baby Oliver. Most new parents are full of anxiety but, after 11 days, they noticed something wasn’t right. Oliver stopped drinking milk rather abruptly and began moving away in pain when Lucy tried to to feed him. Lucy and Jaz became concerned and rushed Oliver to the hospital, which ended up being the right choice.

He was rushed into the high-dependency unit, and after eight days, he was diagnosed with herpes. Herpes is quite common in adults. Two thirds of the world carries the virus. There’s genital herpes, of course, but there’s also the extremely common oral herpes. Ever get a cold sore? You have herpes. Most contract the virus as children from things as simple as sharing a drink or a straw.

Lucy Kendall shared a post on Facebook about the ordeal.

The full text of her post reads:

Oliver Jaz Miller was born 3rd of August 2018. when he was 11days old, he slowly stopped drinking milk throughout the night and started up with a temperature ️When he was 12days old me and my partner rushed him to hospital Oliver was put onto a heated bed with oxygen. He got a feeding tube put in, along with a long line and a number of cannulas

After 8days of watching Oliver fight for his life in High Dependency Unit (HDU) the doctor finally came in and said Oliver had caught neonatal herpes. As you could imagine me and my partner was shocked, we couldn’t comprehend What he just said

The doctor began to explain the herpes simplex virus can be passed onto a newborn baby if; a person has a cold sore and kisses the baby or touches the baby after touching the Cold sore.
Cold sores are at their most contagious when they burst (rupture). They remain contagious until completely healed.

Oliver spent 21day in the hospital and we finally get to go home with 6 months of antibiotics and visits to the hospital

Please respect newborn baby and stay away if you have a cold sore.
We’re the lucky ones! A few hours later this could be reading so differently.


Many people felt that, generally speaking, parents need to be more careful.

But most were just relieved that Oliver was okay.

So are we!

H/T: The Independent, Facebook