It took 15 years, but after the success of Bad Boys II in 2003, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are reuniting for the long-awaited third sequel.
The pair announced their exciting news to fans on Instagram.
“It’s been a LOOOONG time Coming. But now it’s Here! @BadBoys For Life,” Smith posted on Thursday.
“We back!!” he said alongside his partner in crime, Martin Lawrence.
Their enthusiasm was infectious as they both made the announcement from what appears to be Venice Beach, in Los Angeles, according to the Root. “It’s official!,” the overjoyed Smith exclaimed repeatedly.
“It’s official, baby! It’s official! Bad boys 3 is happening! It’s official! It’s official!”
Lawrence also solidified the announcment by echoing Smith, saying, “It’s official!”
So is it official?
— Aran Con Pollo (@A1_Boss_sauce) November 2, 2018
What else is there to say, really? Because it really is official since we’re hearing it from the mouths of these bad boys.
“That’s it — no more! Y’all can’t handle no more of that,” Smith signed off, giggling over the silly, but legit announcenent.
Martins iconic laugh at the end 😂 💯
— Danny B (@papa_gorge) November 2, 2018
The 50-year-old Independence Day actor also posted a throwback to the first Bad Boys movie in 1995, assuring fans that his co-star will not be keeping a beeper for the third film.
Lawrence also posted a separate announcement from the same day on his IG account, calling himself and Smith “Bad Boys for life.”
News of Bad Boys III is a relief for fans who were disappointed when Lawrence told EW in 2017 that the third installment for the cop-buddy franchise wouldn’t happen.
“I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out,” he said, referring to their schedules.
“Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen. I’m there, I’m ready right now. If they wanted to do it, I’m ready, but I don’t have control of that. That’s the studio’s decision.”
The excitement is already building.
— joeyfrancia (@joeyfrancia) November 3, 2018
Buying my ticket as we speak
— Jeremy Russell (@_JayRussell) November 1, 2018
Yesss! BAD BOYS 3 👋👋👏I've been waiting for ever for this movie. I don't how they're going to top BAD BOYS 2, (my favorite so far) but I can't wait to see them try. Will and Martin the two of you work so well together keep it up.
— Lanita Anderson (@lovelyloni1971) November 1, 2018
I LOVE💙THESE 2 MEN! GREAT ACTORS & ALL AROUND GREAT MEN!
— 🍸🍫VERN🍫🍸 (@LaVerne90748971) November 2, 2018
OMG! This just made my WHOLE ENTIRE WEEKEND! I'm beyond excited! 😀
— 🦋🌹Mar•see•uh🌹🦋 (@CiaHow) November 2, 2018
So amped for this. Movie took a lifetime to get the green light……excited as all outdoors
— Eligha Lacy (@elighalacy) November 2, 2018
A scream escaped my lips!
— DIADEM MEDIA LLC., LTD., (@MediaDiadem) November 1, 2018
Bad Boys For Life is aiming for a January 17, 2020, release date. Director Michael Bay will not be returning but will be replaced with Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (Black, Gangsta).